Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Stuff...

Issue 4 of the Notebook is now online to view. The series I submitted, "The Lines Around My Eyes" is there (two of three pages...you need to go buy one to see the rest. Why haven't you already? See... it's there on the magazine rack... or go to the Old Strathcona market... you'll see it there too!) Here is the link: http://www.notebookmagazine.ca/issue4.shtml.

There are motion picture vehicles, persons in my neighborhood. They are a quiet bunch, but there is stuff everywhere!! Right outside my window...the whole street and the park next door, the street behind my place is full of semi's and trailers and trucks and tents and special equipment and generators... it's quite the situation! Exciting to watch the 'goings-on'. The reason is that there is a new NBC show, beginning in June (I think it's called Fear) which is being filmed in Edmonton. Last week they were filming in our office parking garage. Sorta exciting!
So I'm cranky today. Blog worthy? Probably not... probably should have remained all private and hidden. We do that alot... hide the REAL so we don't look weak. Sometimes its tough being 'perky' and happy all the time. People expect that of me. It's a burden sometimes; not gonna lie to ya. Ocassionally a person just needs a hug. Not a virtual hug either... a real one with two arms and a beating heart to embrace. Anyone? Anyone? Even chocolate ain't cuttin' it today. No, it's not PMS. It's that I feel sad for the state of the world. I feel bad for people I know who are going through some very tough times. I fell sad for people I don't know personally, but know of through the news who are struggling so. I ache for change where it's possible but not happening. I wish I had answers. I wish that some of the answers I do have, were different. I keep hoping that my life will make a difference; influence. I wish the tears would come... perhaps that would wash away some of the frustration and pain, like a spring rain carries away the dust and dirt left by winter's melting messes. I wish I could smell the fresh hope after the "raining cry", and not feel so bad. I have hope in Jesus and that helps me. I will pray more. (Still could use a people-hug though...)