Saturday, September 08, 2007

Indescribable...

It is definately autumn. It's cool - - and today there is rain. It's a good day to stay inside and get some long-procastinated work accomplished. In that vein, I have been baking, cleaning, and doing laundry. I decided to listen to some music while plowing through my tasks. I was stopped when, "Indescribable" by Chris Tomlin, came next in my itunes - - I had to sit and just sing. This song is amazing. We sing it at church... here are the words:

Verse 1:
From the highest of heights to the depth of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming

Chorus:
Indescribable, uncontainable
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing God
All powerful, untamable
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God, You are amazing God

Verse 2:
Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gave source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom

While I am singing - thunder pounds, rain pit-patters, wind blows, and my little bird - God's precious little green & yellow creation with a dangerous beak - is singing along with me in his own little chirps and cheeps. (wish you could hear him....) It's amazing. Creation - God's creation - takes my breath away.